Talk:Digital Dictionary of Quaker Biography
From Quaker Dictionary
Revision as of 17:36, 11 July 2007 by Janderie
Questions, concerns, things to fix, think about, or decide...
- Who will get added to the dictionary? Any Quaker ever? Any Quaker mentioned within the DQB (but who does not already have an entry)? Just important Quakers? [First thought -- this is NOT a genealogy, but a dictionary of NOTABLE Quakers. -JFA]
- Where should Women who have taken a married name be indexed? Maiden name? Married name? Both? [Both, I think, presuming they have their own biographies; otherwise...see references??] Here's a stab at a procedure:
- Men: articles titled by their surname, followed by first name and middle name.
- Men: Indexed as above.
- Men: Indexes as well by any alternative names (that go beyond omitting the middle name)
- Women: articles titled by their surname at time of death, followed by first name, middle, name and maiden name (if there is one)
- Women: Indexed as above.
- Women: Indexed by maiden name (if there is one), followed by first name and middle name
- Women: Indexed by any alternative names (that go beyond omitting the middle name). Include maiden name (if there is one).
- Should we be including non-Cope non-Evans names in the first phase of this? Might just gunk thinks up in our earliest stages. [No]
- Will we link to things besides names? For instance, if a particular school is found in more than one biography, should they all link to a common page about that school? If so, how would we draw the limits of this? If not, how easy would it be for someone to search for all the occurrences of said school? [This will be a good use of Categories].
- To do: fill out references into full citations, perhaps linked externally to Tripod or OpenWorldCat. [One done, see WBE]
- To do: set configuration for accepting images. [Done -JFA]
- To do: start a page that lists the categories we are creating (unless this is somehow done automatically). [Is done automatically].
- To do: compile a comprehensive list of scholarship (articles and monographs) that cite the DQB. [Started, see Citations]
- To do: install Extension:Inputbox and create large search box for mainpage. [Done -JFA]
- To do: make style sheet, start with Template classes
- To do: change redirects into new pages?
- To do: formatting of citations
- Quaker Collections
- Quaker Collection, Haverford College
- Friends Historical Library, Swarthmore College
- Friends House Library, London
- Friends Collection, Earlham College
- Friends Historical Collection, Guilford College
- Friends Historical Association
- Quaker Historians and Archivists
- Friends Association of Higher Education