EVANS, William, -1688
From Quaker Dictionary
William Evans (d. 1688) was an English Friend, a carpenter and owner of land in New Jersey.
- Name: William Evans
- Alternative names:
- Gender: M
- Birth date:
- Place of birth: London, England
- Nationality: England, US
- Spouse(s): Jane (or Jean) Hodges
- Children: Thomas, William (d. 1728)
- Disowned date: --
- Death date: 1688
- Place of death:
- Works by:
Williams Evans, a carpenter, was born in London, England. He married Jane (or Jean) Hodges and had two sons. In 1682, he moved to New Jersey and settled in Willingboro Township, about one-half mile south of the present village of Rancocas. In 1682, he was recorded as having 323 acres there.
- De Cou, Burlington, a Provincial Capitol, pp. 192-93.
- De Cou, historical Sketches of Rancocas and neighborhood.
- De Cou, The historic Rancocas.