EVANS, Mary Lownes Smith, 1809-1887
From Quaker Dictionary
m (EVANS, Mary Lownes Smith, ca. 1809-1887 moved to EVANS, Mary Lownes Smith, 1809-1887: accurate birth date)
Revision as of 18:50, 8 June 2007
Mary Lownes Smith Evans (June 1, 1809 - July 1, 1887), from Philadelphia, was a painter and the wife of Charles Evans.
- Name: Mary Lownes Smith Evans
- Alternative names: Mary Lownes Smith
- Gender: F
- Birth date: 1 June 1809
- Place of birth:
- Nationality: US
- Spouse(s): Charles Evans (m. 1836)
- Disowned date: --
- Death date: 1 July 1887
- Place of death: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Works by: Glimpses by seal and land (1870)
Mary Lownes Smith was born on June 1, 1809 to Robert and Mary (Bacon) Smith. In 1836, she married Charles Evans, M.D. of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She had an artistic gift, especially in the field of painting. She died on July 1, 1887 in West Philadelphia.
- The Friend (Phila.), 61, no. 1:8, 101:182.
- Haines, Clovercroft Chronicles, p. 335.