EVANS, Joel, 1796-1865
From Quaker Dictionary
Joel Evans (ca. 1795 - May 13, 1865) was a member and elder of Springfield Particular Meeting , and a Clerk pf Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Orthodox).
- Name: Joel Evans
- Alternative names:
- Gender: M
- Birth date: 1795
- Place of birth: Marple, Pennsylvania
- Nationality: US
- Spouse(s): Hannah Rhoads (m. 1848)
- Children: 4 sons, 3 daughters
- Meeting: Springfield Particular Meeting
- Branch: Orthodox
- Disowned date: --
- Death date: 13 May 1867
- Place of death:
- Works by:
Joel Evans was born ca. 1795 in Marple, Pennsylvania to Jonathan and Hannah (Bacon) Evans. In 1848, he married Hannah Rhoads, the daughter of Owen and Mary (Hall) Rhoads. The couple had three daughters and four sons. From 1862 to 1864, Evans was Clerk of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Orthodox). He was a member and elder at Springfield Particular Meeting in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Joel Evans died on May 13, 1865.
- Haines, M.R. Clovercroft chronicles, p. 334-5.
- Elliott, Errol T., Qu. on the Am. Frontier, 398
- The Friend, 38(1865), 312
- Hav. Coll, Qu. Collection, Mss. Coll., Box 988B (portrait)