EVANS, Evan, 1684-1747
From Quaker Dictionary
|Place of birth:||Merionethshire, Wales|
|Death date:||24 July 1747|
|Place of death:|
|Spouse(s):||Elizabeth Musgrave (m. 1713)|
Evan Evans (1684 - July 24, 1747) was a Welsh-American Friend and minister in Gwynedd, Pennsylvania.
As a minister, he travelled with his relation, John Evans, through most of the American colonies but especially in the adjacent counties of Pennsylvania, where new meetings had been established. Evan Evans was attacked with his last illness while travelling on Truths account and died on July 24, 1747. He was burried in Gwynedd.
- Piety promoted; brief biographical memorials, of some of the Religious society of Friends, commonly called Quakers : The 11th pt. Philadelphia : T. Kite, 1829 b. 391.
- Haines, Clovercroft Chronicles, p. 180.
- Phila. Y. Mtg., Col. of memorials, 1787, P. 137.
- Comly Quaker Miscellany, 1659-1984, 3:373.
- John Smith's ms., 1:655.
- Churchman, John An account of the gospel labours and Christian experiences of John Churchman London : Harvey and Darton, 1780, pp. 36, 37.