EVANS, David, 1793-1862
From Quaker Dictionary
- Name: David Evans
- Alternative names:
- Gender: M
- Birth date: 30 June 1793
- Place of birth: South Carolina
- Nationality: US
- Spouse(s): Rachel Burnet
- Children: 7 sons, 4 daughters
- Meeting: Miami (Ohio) Monthly Meeting
- Branch: Pre/Hicksite
- Disowned date: --
- Death date: 17 November 1861
- Place of death: Waynesville, Ohio
- Works by:
David Evans was born on June 30, 1793 to Benjamin and Hannah (Smith) Evans of South Carolina. While David was still a child, the family moved to the Waynesville, Ohio area. He married Rachel Burnet of Miami, Ohio. The two had seven sons and four daughters.
Evans was recorded as a member of Miami (Ohio) Monthly Meeting from 1828-1829, 1831-1837 and 1852-1853. From 1857 to 1860, he was the Clerk of Indiana Yearly Meeting (Hicksite).
- Elliott, Errol T., Qu. on the Am. Frontier, 391.
- Friends Intell. 18(1862)649.
- Hinshaw, V:52.
- Indiana Yearly Meeting, Minutes, 1957-1960.