EVANS, David, 1733-1817
From Quaker Dictionary
David Evans (1733 - April, 1817) was a carpenter and meeting elder from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Name: David Evans
- Alternative names:
- Gender: M
- Birth date: 1733
- Place of birth: Gwynedd, Pennsylvania
- Nationality: US
- Spouse(s): Letitia Thomas (m., 1755)
- Meeting: Philadelphia Monthly Meeting for the Southern District
- Branch: Pre-separation
- Disowned date: --
- Death date: April 1817
- Place of death: Philadelphia?, Pennsylvania
- Works by:
David Evans was born in 1733 to Evan and Elizabeth (Musgrave) Evans of Gwynedd, Pennsylvania. A carpenter by trade, Evans became an elder of Philadelphia Monthly Meeting for the Southern District. He died in April, 1817.
- Haines, Clovercroft Chronicles, p. 181.
- Minutes So. District Mo. Mtg.