COPE, Francis Reeve, 1821-1909
From Quaker Dictionary
Francis Reeve Cope (June 6, 1821 - November 6, 1909) was a merchant from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Name: Francis Reeve Cope
- Alternative names: Francis R. Cope
- Gender: M
- Birth date: 6 June 1821
- Place of birth: Philadelphia, Pa.
- Nationality: US
- Spouse(s): Anna Stewardson Brown
- Children: Elizabeth Stewardson (b. 1848), Rachel Reeve (b.1850), Thomas Pim (b.1852), William Brown (b. 1854), Alfred (b. 1857), Francis Hazen (b.1859), Algernon Henry, Anna Brown (b. 1862), Caroline Mary (b. 1865)
- Meeting: Germantown Monthly Meeting
- Branch: Pre/Orthodox
- Disowned date: --
- Death date: 6 November 1909
- Place of death: "Awbury" in Germantown, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Works by:
Francis Reeve Cope was born on June 6, 1821 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Henry and Rachel (Reeve) Cope. He attended Haverford College from 1835 to 1838, but had to leave early due to poor health. In 1847, Francis Reeve Cope married Anna Stewardson Brown in 1847. He died on November 6, 1909 at "Awbury" in Germantown, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- The Friend (Phila.), 83:232.
- Haverford Coll. matriculate catalogue, p. 14.